Community Assistance/ Child Protective Services

  • Click here to find phone numbers
    for help with the following:

    Child/Adult Protective Services
    Divorce Group
    Hobart Police Department
    Help Lines
    Legal Aid
    Medical Care
    Mental Health Care
    Township Trustee

    Community Assistance-
    Community Partners will help your family when they need it most.

    Bylaws & Policies for Child Abuse or Neglect
    from the School City of Hobart Board of Trustees

    Crisis Center-
    Indiana Child Abuse Hotline (ICAN): 1-800-800-5556
    Indiana Department of Child Services Regional Number: (219) 881 -6944
    Faxed reports should be faxed to (219) 232-1922
    Child Abuse-All reports of child abuse and neglect in the State of Indiana will be taken by the Indiana Child Abuse Hotline (ICAN).
    Indiana Adult Protective Services: (219) 755-3863
    Adult Abuse - All reports of adult abuse in the State of Indiana will be taken by the Indiana Adult Protective Service Unit 1.

    National Megan's Law Hotline
    (888) 275-7365
    Provides support to communities on issues related to sex offender registration and notification and child sexual abuse prevention.


    Parents Recovering Rebuilding - 
    (219) 886-1111
    Provides FREE services to assist with parenting and continuing to recover from drugs and alcohol abuse.


    Northwest Indiana Community Action 2-1-1
    Dial 211
    Provides confidential telephone assistance by trained call specialists with accurate information about community resources. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.