Kindergarten at the ELC provides a curriculum rich in diversity with an emphasis on STEAM and Literacy. Kindergarteners participate in a structured gym class weekly as well as attend a storytime in the library that gives them the opportunity to check out books. We enjoy a 1:1 ratio with technology and each teacher has a classroom aide.
Children who are 5 years old by August 1 qualify to begin kindergarten that school year.
All kindergarteners in the SCOH's district attend full day kindergarten at the ELC.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will be ONLINE ONLY.
CLICK HERE if your family is new to our school district to register your student for the 2021-2022 school year.
If you already have children enrolled in our school district visit www.hobart.k12.in.us/Skyward and select "Online Enroll/Register" from the pull down menu, THEN enter login with your username and password.
Following registration, you must sign up for a Parent School Conference.
If you have not already signed up, please sign up here.
Important Information for Our Kindergarten Students and Parents
- Kindergarten Kick-Off: All You Need to Know About Kindergarten (school day, food service, transportation, etc.)
- Meet Our Staff
- Kindergarten Information from the Indiana Department of Education
- 80 Essential Skills to Ease Your Child into Kindergarten
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How Sick Is Too Sick and When To Stay Home
- Early Years
- Reading Connection
- Here Comes the Bus
- School City of Hobart 2021-2022 Calendar
- Kindergarten School Supply List
- Join Our Wonderful PTO!