Community Assistance/CPS

  • Resource Round Up for NWI Families


    Join the Battle to End Vaping
    Attention students! Want to dash your dreams of playing sports? Then start vaping. It’s a guaranteed way to irreversibly damage your lungs, your game … and your life. Dreams aren’t that important, are they? Indiana currently leads the nation in deaths caused by vaping-related illnesses - don't become one of the statistics. #DitchVaping
    Big picture



    Click here to find phone numbers for help with the following:

    • Child/Adult Protective Services
    • Divorce Group
    • Employment
    • Grief
    • Hobart Police Department
    • Help Lines
    • Legal Aid
    • Medical Care
    • Mental Health Care
    • Shelters
    • Township Trustee

    Resources for Families
    Counseling, therapists, psychiatrists, shelters and additional resources

    Community Partners
    Community Partners will help your family when they need it most.

    Text 4 Help
    Text 4 HELP is a nationwide, 24-hour text-for-support service for youth in crisis. 

    Family and Social Services Administration
    Resource line where you can access appropriate mental health and substance abuse services in our area - with zero judgement

    Bylaws & Policies for Child Abuse or Neglect from the School City of Hobart Board of Trustees

    Look Up
    Healing Our Community with Hope
    Call (800) 284-8439 or text "lookup" to 494-949 or start a chat online by using the link above. 
    Mental and behavioral health issues can be a silent struggle. But there's always hope on the horizon. Whether you want to raise awareness, reduce stigma, find help, or help others - it's time to Look Up. Then look here for resources, information, and providers. 

    Crisis Center Website
    Crisis Center Handout - Services for children, youth, and families
    Indiana Child Abuse Hotline (ICAN): 1-800-800-5556
    Indiana Department of Child Services Regional Number: (219) 881 -6944
    Faxed reports should be faxed to (219) 232-1922
    Child Abuse-All reports of child abuse and neglect in the State of Indiana will be taken by the Indiana Child Abuse Hotline (ICAN).
    Indiana Adult Protective Services: (219) 755-3863
    Adult Abuse - All reports of adult abuse in the State of Indiana will be taken by the Indiana Adult Protective Service Unit 1.

    National Megan's Law Hotline
    (888) 275-7365
    Provides support to communities on issues related to sex offender registration and notification and child sexual abuse prevention.

    Parents Recovering Rebuilding
    (219) 886-1111
    Provides FREE services to assist with parenting and continuing to recover from drugs and alcohol abuse.

    Northwest Indiana Community Action 2-1-1
    Dial 211 or 800-826-7871
    Free community service that provides confidential telephone assistance by trained call specialists with accurate information about community resources. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calling them is the first step, the call specialist will empower the caller by referring and education ing them about government proframs, community-based organizations, support groups, and other local resources. The call specialist will advocate on the behalf od those unable to help themselves. 

    Indiana 211
    Dial 211 or 866-211-9966 
    You can also Text by sending your zip code to 898-211 (available M-F 8am - 5pm)
    Every day thousands of Hoosiers turn to 2-1-1 for information and support - whether financial, domestic, health, career, disaster-related and everything in between. They are here to help with anything! 2-1-1 is FREE, confidential and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week!

    Lake Area United Way FamilyWize
    Don't have insurance OR have medicines that are not covered by your insurance?
    Get the FREE FamilyWize Drug Savings Card! 

    Distributed through United Ways nationwide, the FamilyWize card lowers the cost of medicine by an average of 40% or more for people without insurance or who take medications not covered by their plan. It’s easy. You can keep using your card every time you need to fill a prescription. All you have to do is present a FamilyWize card at a local pharmacy to receive the savings.

    FamilyWize cards can be obtained by contacting Lake Area United Way at (219) 923-2302. You can also visit the FamilyWize website: or text “family” to 700700 from your smartphone. From there you can download a card, request a card to be mailed or download the mobile app. You can also find resources on the website such as the drug pricing look up tool and the pharmacy finder.

    Additional information for Safe Place spots, Runaway and Suicide Lifelines, and Human Trafficking