Student absences will be reported in Skyward through the parent account. Please view this video for instructions:
How to Report Absences in Skyward
Do you need Technology Help? (image below)
Taking Care of Your Chromebook (image below)
Class Gradual Release Model (pictured below)
Elementary Gradual Release Cast
HMS Gradual Release Cast
HHS Gradual Release Cast
How do students know what to do?
- Teachers will provide information on how to complete work and will be available for direct communication through Canvas, GoGuardian, Zoom and other applications.
- Students will be required to login to Canvas during their regularly scheduled class time to receive instruction from their teacher(s). This may include Zoom sessions or other work as assigned. Below are some video tutorials to assist with getting started with Canvas. See Canvas Help section below for helpful videos and documents!
- If a student has any questions, he/she will be able to ask teachers for answers during their regularly scheduled class time.
- Principals and other administrators will also be available for questions. For email address information, please see our Staff Directory (www.hobart.k12.in.us/staff).
- Students will be able to use the SCOH website (www.hobart.k12.in.us) to utilize CoolTools for assignments as well as Canvas, Google Apps and other applications and sites as determined by the student's teacher(s).
What if I have technology issues?
- Technology staff will be available to help with technology issues. Students can submit technology questions/concerns through the Student Technology Helpdesk (helpdesk.hobart.k12.in.us) by entering a ticket or contacting us through chat. Additionally, you can contact us by phone at 219-942-1388.
What if I don't have Internet access at home?
- You must have Internet access at home. Check out Internet Essentials from Comcast, an affordable Internet for eligible families. If you are unable to get Internet access, please contact us.
Are students required to participate?
- Yes, students are required to participate in eLearning days scheduled by SCOH and are to provide evidence of work completed to be considered "in attendance" on that day. Failure to do so would result in an unexcused absence for that day. The teacher will set the deadline for the assignments to be completed.
Are there additional resources?
- Yes, take a look at some of the resources below. We will continue to add as we collect additional items.
How do I report absences?
- Student absences will be reported in Skyward through the parent account.
Please view this video for instructions: How to Report Absences in Skyward
Do you have other Technology Questions?
The School City of Hobart is committed to providing the best possible education for our students. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.