Below you will find the list of reading strategies that we are working with in class. Please take some time to review the strategies so that you and I can be consistent in the way we are helping your student.
1. Use the picture clues.
2. Get your mouth ready by using the first letter or couple of letters of the word.
3. Think about what words would make sense.
4. Check the ending sound of the word.
5. Read through the word to check to see if you are right.
6. Skip the word and keep reading. Go back and think again, what would make sense?
7. Reread what didnt make sense.
Click here for tips for parents of third graders.
Click here for help with reading comprehension tips.