The Shedd Aquarium wants to expand its Penguin Exhibit. The Aquarium wants to hire a team of specialists to research new types of colonies.
Your job is to assume the role of one of the specialists:
Henry Habitat - Henry Habitat is the habitat expert. He needs to research where the penguins live - environment, weather, etc.
Fanny Food - Fanny Food is the food expert. She needs to determine what food should be made available to feed the penguins.
Nanny Nursery - Nanny Nursery is the penguin caretaker. She will learn about how the penguins build nests and care for their babies.
Expert - Edward Expert is the penguin expert. He will research
the penguin's physical characteristics and how they move.
1. You will be divided into groups of 4.
2. Each group will choose two penguins from the following:
Emperor King Adelie Chinstrap
Macaroni Gentoo African Rockhopper
Little Blue Yellow-Eyed
3. Each member will be assigned a role.
4. Explore the web sites and research your penguin.
|Emperor Penguin||Macaroni Penguin|
|Adelie Penguin||Rockhopper Penguin|
|King Penguin||African Penguin|
|Chinstrap Penguin||Yellow-eyed Penguin|
|Gentoo Penguin||Little Blue Penguin|
You need to create a slide show or Hyperstudio stack for each penguin that you have researched. Your slide show or stack should include the following:
1. Title and authors
2. A description and picture of the physical characteristics of
3. A description of where your penguin lives and what the
environment is like.
4. Foods that your penguin eats.
5. How your penguin builds nests and cares for babies.
Penguins are unique flightless birds that have captured the imagination of everyone. Penguins live only in the Southern Hemisphere and some live in Antarctica, the coldest place on earth. How do they survive?
There are 18 different types of penguins. As the children work through the webquest, they will learn about the abilities, behaviors, and adaptations of different types of penguins.