Our Ideal Learning Environment
As our world becomes a global village rather than isolated regions,
we envision a school that will allow us to bring up-to-the-minute information
directly to the classroom opening a window to the outside-world.
- students that can access, analyze, and synthesize information in pursuit
of solutions to real-life problems.
- students that work cooperatively with others and are receptive to new
- students that value education and maintain excellent attendance and
- students that study wherever needed information is to be found.
- students and teachers provided with computer technology that can be
readily transported anywhere.
- teachers that guide and facilitate learning.
- teachers that team with their colleagues in order to fully utilize
- teachers that target learning experiences at the varied learning modalities
of all students.
- teachers that design cross-curricular learning experiences.
- educators that are free to experiment with ideas and technologies.
- educators that are provided with sufficient time and monetary resources
to plan, visit model programs, attend conferences, and workshops to gain
the insight needed to continue revitalization of the educational process
at the classroom level.
- educators that have unlimited access to colleagues by phone, electronic
mail, voice mail, etc.
- parents that are consistently involved in school activities and in
the education of their child.
- classrooms that provide on-line research opportunities to students
and teachers including telecommunications, encyclopedias, dictionaries,
- classrooms equipped with a television monitor, telephone, and wiring
for computers that allows unlimited access to the outside world.
- classrooms equipped with individual and small group instructional capabilities
including computer clusters.
- classrooms equipped with high quality large group instructional capabilities.
- classrooms that are designed to accommodate the needs of the future
including carpeting, electrical power, phone lines, air conditioning and
- classrooms that facilitate multi-media learning activities.
- schools that provide opportunities for community access during the
day, evening, and weekends.
- schools that are open year-round and utilize a flexible scheduling
Technology | 5 Year Plan