|Origin of Name
||From Latin word mangnes (magnet)
|Date and Place of Discovery
||In 1774 in Sweden
- It is an essential trace nutrient in all forms of life.
- Paints that were pigmented with manganese dioxide can be traced back 17,000 years.
- Manganese ore was first confused with magnetic iron ore.
- One source of manganese is in nodules on the ocean floor.
- Miners and steel workers exposed to high levels of manganese dust in the air may
develop manganism, which can cause mental and emotional disturbances or disturb their movement like in Parkinson's
- Steel alloys