|Origin of Name
||From the Greek word Magnesia, a district of Thessaly
|Date of Discovery
||1808 in England
||Sir Humphry Davy
- It is the eighth most common element in the earth's crust, but is the most commercially used element.
- It is obtained from seawater.
- It is a very flammable metal.
- The center of chlorophyll contains magnesium.
- Pouring water on burning magnesium will increase the fire and can cause explosions.
- Magnesium oxide is the byproduct of burning magnesium and can cause respiratory problems like asthma or emphysema.
- Photography flash products
- Signal flares