|Origin of Name
||From the Latin word fluo, meaning flow
|Date and Place of Discovery
||1886 in France
||Joseph Henri Moissan
||Sodium fluoride (NaF)
- It is a yellow gas at room temperature.
- It's the 13th most abundant element found in the earth's crust.
- It isn't a free element in nature.
- It is very reactive with other elements and can combine with almost any element.
- The last United States mine to produce fluorine closed in 1995 making it necessary to
import fluorine minerals.
- Water treatment to prevent tooth decay
- Toothpaste and other dental products