|Origin of Name
||From the Latin word alumen
|Date of Discovery
||1825 in Copenhagen, Denmark
||Hans Christian Ørsted
- It's never found free in its natural state.
- It's the third most common of all the elements found in the earth's crust (oxygen
and silicon being found more).
- It does not rust and doesn't easily react to weather conditions or chemicals.
- Cans and containers
- Foil wrap
- Electrical transmission lines
- Aircraft and space crafts
- Coating to transfer light or radiate heat
- Glass production